Now owned by the City of Olympia, Lions park was built in 1946 by the city, the Eastside Neighborhood Association and the Olympia Host Lions Club.
In 2012 the City hired Gritton Building Company to provide improvements to the site.
Gritton constructed a picnic shelter and a new roof over existing restrooms. We also added accessible parking space, new light poles, and a paved accessible trail around the playground.
Learn more about Gritton Building projects in parks and playgrounds